Please see http://forum.gns3.net/topic5900.html
GNS3 0.8.3 released (2 comments)
GNS3 0.8.3 is finally released.
This release brings new features and fixes many issues. On Mercurial, branch GNS3-stable-0.8.3 needs to be merged with the default one.
- Option to freely use the first VBox interface inside VMs (i.e. eth0 on Linux).
- New base configuration (startup-config) for devices with NM-16ESW (named baseconfig_sw.txt).
- Console and headless mode support for VirtualBox devices.
- Embedded console/terminal server to access VirtualBox VM consoles using Telnet.
- Support for drag & drop of topology files inside GNS3.
- Double quote support for Qemu options and ASA kernel/initrd command lines.
- Import & export for GNS3 configuration file (gns3.ini).
- Global TCP port tracker to allocate ports and avoid conflicts (console + AUX ports for IOS routers and console ports for Qemu-like/VirtualBox devices are tracked).
- Scripts for using consoles with VBox VMs (Windows only).
- Backup nvram export when Dynamips has crashed.
- New command line option for patched Putty on Windows (for details: http://forum.gns3.net/topic4859-20.html).
- Experimental live pipe capture (Windows only).
- Option (activated by default) to use the VirtualBox VM names to name VirtualBox devices in GNS3.
- Complete IPv6 support (with correct functions).
- Support for binding on specific addresses when loading a topology.
- Option to track opened node consoles in order to close them when the node gets deleted.
- New Dynamips 0.2.8-RC4 community (full IPv6 support), only included in Windows all-in-one package for now.
- A patched putty is included (Windows packages).
Fixes and other improvements:
- Fixed issue when saving as a project.
- Workaround: sparse memory feature is not activated on c2600 and c1700 platforms because Dynamips can freeze after IOS restarts (Windows only).
- Added Idle PC help button to gives some hints how to get good idle pc values.
- Prevent tail processes staying in memory after stopping captures.
- Fixed/improved some console command lines (SecureCRT, TeraTerm, Putty).
- Fixed issue when connecting recent Qemu (new -net syntax) to other non-Qemu devices.
- Fixed vboxwrapper loading issue for DMG version on OSX.
- Fixed rpcap interface name parsing on Windows.
- Improved securecrt.vbs to “press” a enter into the device console to show the prompt.
- Modified default IOS startup-config (baseconfig.txt).
- Handle connection lost during Idle pc calculation.
- Warn users if their working directories are not accessible and/or writable.
- Allow dash and brackets for device hostnames.
- Option to clear stopped captures from the captures dock.
- Italian and Chinese translations updated.
- Fixed bug that prevented loading topologies with non-existing IOS paths.
- Some minor fixes for recent files menu (add saved file paths, order, non existing path entries are removed etc.).
- New key shortcuts for object rotation (notes, ellipses, rectangles). ALT and + (or P) / ALT and – (or M).
- Removed default shell execution for console programs.
- Default delay between each device start when starting all devices is now 1 second.
- Auto-increment base AUX port for external hypervisors.
- MessageBox “Object moved to a background layer …” is now displayed only once by execution.
- Fixed issue when starting a capture on a node without any links (!)
- Fixed problem with version comparison in “Check for Update” feature.
- Fixed multi-window opening issue with snapshot dialog.
- Added recent files button for the project window.
- Press escape to stop adding a link.
- Detect old GNS3 configuration and ask user to clear it.
- Fixed minor issues with the Ethernet Switch.
- Prevent capture for Pemu and decorative nodes.
- Show VirtualBox version in ver command.
- Support for more characters (e.g. #) in annotations.
- New wrappers installation directory on Linux.
- Prevent to use the same VBox VM multiple times.
- Check that the first 10 ports of every TCP base are free to use when testing the settings in preferences.
- Fixed minor issue with path normalization on Windows.
- Time reference for debugs, auto saving messages and logged exceptions.
- Log file dynagen_exception.log has been renamed import_exception.log (date + GNS3 version is added into the file).
- Command ‘show ports’ to display all port allocations.
- NVRAM configuration extractor utility for Windows.
- Smarter handling of errors when starting/stopping/suspending all nodes.
- Do not show special cursors when a rectangle or ellipse is on the background layer.
- Qemuwrapper base UDP has been changed from 20000 to 40000.
- Qemuwrapper base console has been changed from 3000 to 3001.
- VBoxwrapper base console has been changed from 3900 to 3501.
Redmine fixed + emails (1 comment)
- Updated Redmine to the last stable version
- Password recovery has been set up, you can reset your password.
- No more error 500 while logging in or updating the redmine
- Email notifications for tasks assigned to you or that you are watching
If you experience any issue, please let us know.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
GNS3 0.8.2 released (2 comments)
One of our best release to date :)
- The issue with Qemu VMs that were stuck on “Booting from Hard Disk” message when using Qemu Manager on Linux has been fixed.
- Vboxwrapper can be started on a remote host and VirtualBox VMs locally controlled from GNS3.
- The Loopback Manager included in the Windows all-in-one now work on Win7/Vista.
- Start/pause/stop icons are colored as before BETA2.
- Checks for the correct version of Qemuwrapper and VBoxwrapper.
- New SecureCRT command line for OSX in terminal settings preferences.
- New option to set a delay between console when consoling to all devices.
- Qemu <-> VBox linking has been fixed.
- FlexiNetwork VirtualBox feature has been patched.
- Italian translation has been updated.
- Give a chance to hypervisor/wrapper processes to stop before they get killed.
- An issue when trying to choose the file in the Startup-Config dialog has been fixed.
- Additional check to avoid false positives when detecting compressed IOS.
- Symbol import/export issue for ‘Cloud’ nodes has been fixed.
- Windows interface names with non-ascii characters are now supported.
- Unicode support improvements.
New wiki documents (1 comment)
Windows build moved to public
Release check list added
For the next next release, the 0.8.3, check the roadmap in order to know what our priorities are, each time you add a feature or fix an important problem, please make a task, assign it to the 0.8.3 release and close it. We can keep track of major improvements this way and it makes writing the release not easy. It can be easy to know what to test during beta as well.
Migration (1 comment)
We will proceed to a migration around this or next week, the server was a pain to maintain. It will last a few hours, be sure to clone the repository or note down your issues in case you need them soon.
GNS3-0.8.2-BETA (2 comments)
Complete a few tasks and make sure everything is ready.
Also available in: Atom